Metro Istanbul has published an announcement regarding the departure times during the hours with the new curfew. In the announcement, which stated that the new regulation will be valid as of today, “All our lines have been arranged in a way that the evening peak hour schedule will start as of 16.00 on weekdays. It was stated that as of 19:00 when the curfew starts, transportation will be reduced gradually.”
Metro Istanbul has published an announcement on its social media account regarding the new tariff regulation of metro lines during the restriction hours.
In the announcement, it was stated that as of April 14, the weekday evening peak hour schedule has been arranged to start at 16:00, and the public transportation will be reduced gradually as of 19:00 when the curfew starts.
The announcement made from Metro Istanbul is as follows;
- With the circular of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, curfews will be applied throughout Istanbul between 19.00-05.00 on weekdays and from 19.00 on Friday evening until 05.00 on Monday on weekends.
- As of April 14, within the framework of the restriction decisions, restrictions have been placed on the use of public transportation for our citizens under the age of 18 (except for students in grades 8 and 12 as an exception) and over 65 years of age, and Istanbul cards of these citizens will be closed for use.
- As of April 14, 2021, public transportation has been arranged as follows in order to prevent our citizens who have to work due to healthcare workers and their mandatory duties during the restriction.
- The starting and ending times of our lines have not been changed, only the T3 Kadikoy-Moda tram line, TF1 Macka-Taskisla and TF2 Eyup-Piyer Loti ropeway lines have been changed to 19.00.
- All our lines have been arranged so that the evening peak hour schedule starts at 16.00 on weekdays. As of 19:00 when the curfew starts, public transportation will be reduced gradually. The arrangements made will be followed by our businesses on a daily and hourly basis and new arrangements will be made in the frequency of voyages if needed.
- To be valid on Saturday and Sunday, our lines listed below will serve with a frequency of 15 minutes between 06.00-24.00. As of Mondays, it will be operated on weekdays in accordance with the restriction rules as previously published. “
Lines to be operated at 15-minute intervals on the weekend:
- M1A Yenikapi-Atakoy/Sirinevler
- M1B Yenikapi-Kirazli
- M2 Yenikapi-Haciosman
- M3 Kirazli-Olimpiyat-Basaksehir
- M4 Kadikoy-Tavsantepe
- M5 Uskudar-Cekmekoy
- M7 Mecidiyekoy-Mahmutbey
- T1 Kabatas-Bagcilar
- T4 Topkapi-Mescid-i Selam
- T5 Cibali-Alibeykoy Pocket Bus Station
Our lines listed below will not operate on Saturday and Sunday. On Mondays, flights will be carried out as of 06.00 as previously published.
- M6 Levent-Hisarustu / Bogazici University metro,
- F1 Taksim-Kabatas funicular,
- T3 Kadikoy-Moda tram,
- TF1 Macka-Taskisla cable car,
- TF2 Eyup-Piyer Loti ropeway lines will not be operated. Our citizens can use IETT vehicles that serve on the same routes as our closed lines.
Source: Sozcu / Translated by Irem Yildiz